Bill Roberto

"Cliff Huprich" wrote in message
om...
Anthony wrote in message

8...

I'd hate to stand and input geometry from a
10' roll of print all day G

Cliff, I doubt you stand to do anything. I'll bet you sit to pee eh?

That said, however, the advantage to Maz is that once you are
somewhat fluent in programming it, you can program, set up and be

running
parts probably before the CAM guy even gets his PC booted up. That is
where Maz shines, a job shop where onesies/twosies are the norm.

Probably not, Anthony.
To begin with, the user would need re-input the geometry from
a print or something. Much data is CAD or CAD/CAM these days.

A good CAD/CAM or CAM system probably also allows many more
ways to machine things (process-wise) that Mazak ever thought of,
making doing it on the machine much harder in some cases.

Then you have DNC systems and office layout .. space to sit
& study things. . Not to mention typos that may not
be seen til the scrap parts are inspected.

In many cases, the parts might even fall into a family ...
--
Cliff