IMM

Default Loft Insulation

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
et...
I think you misunderstood. Best put Rockwool up to joist height then
lay Kingspan over the joists, this prevents thermal bridging via the
joists.

Wouldn't the boards get quite squashed where they lay on the joists?

Many ways in which to get around that. I think Kingspan do a board which
mean for floating floors so this can be used, or you can always counter
baton with baton the thickness of the Kingspan and put boards over that.

Obviously, crosslaying is the best solution. However, if the OP is only
going to fit stuff between the joists, it may as well be Kingspan than
rockwool.

That is true, but There will be lost of waste with Kingspan, unless you path
it all in and the remainder scatter around the loft in places that nothing
is stored or walked on.

---