pyotr filipivich

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Erik
wrote back on Sun, 29 Aug 2004 22:42:04 GMT in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Jon

When I was a kid there was a story in the paper about a man who was at
a party and shots were heard. Sometime later he had a terrible
headache. Took himself to the hospital and it was discovered that he
had been shot several times with a .22 in the head. All the buttets
traced a path inside his skull right next to the bone. None penetrated
to his brain. I wonder if it was an "Urban Legend". I thought it was
but after looking at the above x-ray I'm not so sure.
ERS

When I was in school, one of our teachers went off campus one day to
grab lunch.

While there, the place was robbed and a few shots were fired... it was
thought no one was hit at the time... police reports were filed and all
that.

Back in his classroom that afternoon, he noticed something felt damp on
his lower back. He reached around and felt up under his coat, and pulled
his hand out with some blood on it. One of his students took a quick
look, and found an entry wound close to his spine.

He said he hadn't a clue he'd been hit... ended up in the hospital a few
days, and it was another couple before he was back at school.

My Dad's sargent took a tiny bit of shrapnel in his throat. My dad was
going to pluck it out with his fingers, and his sargent said "Don't touch
that! That's my ticket off the line!" At least a chance to get away from
the war for the rest of the day.
==
Sometimes fate hits you with the Clown Hammer of Circumstance
and there's nothing to do but sit there and watch the little
birds fly around your head." - Tara Calishain, ResearchBuzz