Set Square

Simon Mogridge wrote:

A leaking kettle has damage the newly installed laminated chipboard
worktop in my kitchen. A raised area/blister approx 8 x 3cm and 1mm
high has appeared at the butt joint. As you might guess, the joint
lies over the edges of two carcases and the application of a clamp is
impossible. Can anyone please tell me how i can remove the blister
and re-seal the joint with out major damage. The replacement of the
worktop is a non-starter, i just could not face it after taking such a
long time to complete the kitchen!
I would be very grateful for your help. Regards, Simon

Sadly, there's not a lot you can do. Once chipboard gets wet and swells up,
there's no going back.

When joining raw edges of worktop, it is usual to coat both with a thin
layer of clear silicon sealant - most of which gets squeezed out and wiped
off when you do the clamps up - but it helps to stop any damp getting in.
--
Cheers,
Set Square