markzoom

(Charles A. Sherwood) wrote in message ...
new grinders at 0.0001" runout. The wheel was trued before taking the test
grinds. I believe that I fed the wheel about 5-10 thou into the diamond, a
a thou or less per pass, with a couple of passes at the end with no
downfeed.. FWIW, the test grind was made with a couple of tenths downfeed

I think that any dressing without actually removing stone hardens the wheel.
Your last pass should remove 1 thou for a 32A type wheel and about 1/2
thou for a NSG blue wheel. Check the Norton web site for tips.

chuck

I find that dressing all sides of wheels as well as the working
surface cuts out virtually all vibration on any type of mounted
grinder. Mine run almost silent and take a very long time to stop
after switching off.
Mark K.