Richard Henry

"gothika" wrote in message
On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 02:22:51 -0400, TMG wrote:

jakdedert wrote:

"Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" wrote in message

I have used WD40 to clean residue of silicone sealant from acrylic

shower
tub in my bathroom!

Vinegar works better or as well. Acetic acid is one of the solvents in
most silicone caulks. And it doesn't leave an oily residue.

Acetic acid is good.
I use toulol or toulene based carbuerator cleaner.(It comes in a spray
can, also has acetone.)
It's a good silicone solvent and cleans just about anything off.
Good for removing paper labels and adhesive off of glass jars.
78 cents a can at Wal-Mart. Super Tech brand.
Also good for cleaning video and audio heads and tape guides,
rollers.(Just spray it on a swab and wipe, leaves no residue.)

Don't breathe the vapors or get any on your skin. I guess it's ok to look
at it.