Łą$„

"Ross Herbert" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:54:14 -0700, "Tofer"
wrote:

|Hiya everyone,
|
|I have an interesting one for all of you. My wife does improv comedy at a
|local bar in my area. In one of her conversations with the owner, she
|mentioned that I was "into" eletronics. He asked her if she would have me
|look at two of his televisions that aren't working.

Plugging even one TV into a socket controlled by a dimmer is the
dumbest idea I ever heard. What would be the purpose of doing this,
unless it was accidental as appears to be the case here?

Why isn't the dimmer controlled outlet a different type of socket to
the general purpose ones? This way the TV can't be plugged into a
normal outlet.

What would you expect? This club owner works in the "Entertainment
Industry" and those people are usually incapable of anything more
complicated than operating a doorknob or unrolling toilet paper. Look at
the dingbats on that television show "Last Comic Standing". If those
self-styled "comics" couldn't memorize their 8 or 9 lines, their next
alternative employment would be selling newspapers on an intersection.

I do like mimes though. Can't get enough of their "trapped in a box" and
"pulling a rope" routine. I predict that there will be a mime show on NBC
next summer, sandwiched between "Fear Factor - Families" and "Law & Order:
Parking Violators". Potential names for a mime breakthrough program would
include "Mime Field: Blown Away" and "Easy on My Mime!"

Oh yes, I think the two televisions are FUBAR. As the French would say
"they are junque".