David Micklem

Default 'Customising' kitchen appliances

In article , (S P
O N I X) wrote:

On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:55:09 +0000, David Micklem
wrote:

Well, its already second-hand (and 4 years old) so I doubt I'll be
getting any joy out of the guarantee anyway! I suppose I could paint
it, but it would be nicer to attach a genuinely matching front.

To other replies, I realise that there would have to be an unmatched
panel at the top (and also possible the bottom) but in the context of
my kitchen that might be less bad than the plain white panel.

Thanks All_Work.. for the comment about the extra weight - I was
worried the hinges might be the weak point, and your cousin's
experience sounds like they may rule doing it out.

Yes, the weight will be a problem. It *may* be possible to retension
the spings to counteract this.

Would it be possible to simpy build a cupboard around the thing,
instead of attaching the door?

sPoNiX

Nah, not enough space for a door in front of it. I'll have a look this
weekend to see whether I can get at/adjust the springs. Failing that
I'll give up on the idea and get used to looking at the white panel.

Cheers,

David

--
Replace nospame with yahoo to reply
Unsolicited commercial email will incur a $100 processing fee