DaddyMonkey

I am an ASE certified Master Automotive Technician (toot-toot)
(really, I am)

(Hypothetical situation follows)
You bring your car to me on Friday and tell me about a fluid leak. I do
the diagnostics for free... and tell you about the coolant leak.
"I'm sorry, but its your water-pump"
"How much is THAT gonna cost me"?, you ask
About $200, parts and labor...

You drop-off your car on Monday morning and the job is completed before
lunch-time. NO repair orders have been signed.

Meantime, your 2.3 kids get sick, wife has been sprayed by a skunk, 3
hurricanes have struck... whatever

YOU call back a month from Friday and say, "It's going to be the
following week before I can pick up my car..."
...but,I can't help you, because the manager is on vacation, HE makes
all of the decisions. He will be back TWO weeks from now.

Monday, two weeks later, there's a message on your voice-mail... "HEY!
This is Mr. soNso... your bill is getting excessive... there's a $50 per
hour storage fee to keep holding your car here. What do you want us to
do?

What WOULD you do?