Peter Parry

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:13:10 +0100, tony sayer
wrote:

Yes it is cheap but its a well engineered design. I ask you again have
you had problems with it?.

I try to avoid anything to do with them. Every time I get involved
with the damn things I know what is going to happen - you touch the
cable and the connector self destructs. Sometimes looking at them
hard is enough to make the cable jump out.

One local installer of these things seems to use his teeth to crimp
them and a passing breeze makes them fall apart. Another sort which
seems popular around here has what I presume is a crimp skirt made of
tinplate the thickness of aluminium foil and about 3mm in depth.
Needless to say it has the breaking strain of a jellybaby.

--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/