Mike Mitchell

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 00:59:15 +0100, Richard Faulkner
wrote:

Why not try it - Guide Price £170,000 or Offers Over £170,000. Dont
forget, whatever offer you get, if you dont like it, you dont have to
take it.

It's an idea that I haven't thought of. I had indeed thought of
auctioning it, or running a competition, but not to state an
artificially low price to tempt buyers. Such a ploy is not widely used
in England, however, and I think a lot of buyers would steer clear in
the belief that it is just a ramshackle old dosser's hut that the
agent wants to shift quickly.

Nevertheless, your suggestion has merit and I'll certainly consider it
if Connells' six-week challenge proves unsuccessful.

How about modifying the wording: "Only Cash Offers Over £170,000
Considered"? That would help filter out the time-wasters.

MM