Gunner

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 05:34:46 GMT, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

I missed the staff meeting but the minutes show Gunner
wrote back on Tue, 31 Aug 2004 04:49:21 GMT in
rec.crafts.metalworking :
If poverty causes crime, maybe we should be doing more to make people
rich as a means of crime prevention?

Unfortunately poverty doesn't cause crime. We have only to look at the
Great Depression and its crime rates to see that factoid.

Poverty however is a great Excuse for crime.

True enough. But if the Democrats really believed that "poverty causes
crime" then they would naturally be in favor of policies which are
demonstrated to let people get rich. But Democrats obviously don't believe
that, or they would act on their belief.

OTOH, it could be, that they really do believe poverty causes crime, in
which case their support of policies which impoverish peoples reveals their
real intention: increasing the criminal class (via more poverty.) That
would also explain their opposition to private possession and bearing of
firearms. Makes for unsafe working conditions for those poverty caused
criminals.

Tuba Tsar.

tschus
pyotr

Excellent summation. Well done.

Teach a man to fish, and he can feed himself for life.

Give a man a fish and he can eat for a day, and you can build a really
big bureaucracy that sucks up taxpayer money for "administration
costs" and gives that fellow 1/5 a fish each day thereafter.

Gunner

"She's (my daughter) already dating a sex offender.
Better that than a republican fundie neocon fascist."
FF, (alt.machines.cnc)