Gerald Miller

On Tue, 31 Aug 2004 03:29:55 GMT, "Karl Vorwerk"
wrote:

I had that sort of a problem with a dryer spent. Took an hour before I
checked the outlet and found I only had one side of the 220. The electrician
only tightened one hot and the neutral screw, one hot had never been
tightened down. I thought it was good because I checked and reset the
breaker first.
Karl

Ran into this when my chums tenant got her dryer motor rewound and I
got to reinstall it. still no joy so I put a test light on the outlet
and one side was dead, both fuses looked OK but one was open. I had
run into this before when a neighbor's dryer had no heat and I found
an open fuse in the line that wasn't feeding the motor. I never trust
a good "looking" fuse, It only takes a second to check.
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada