Denny

I found it was pretty easy on a table saw with this process:

1. Screw a large piece of wood to the miter gauge to anchor your wedge stock
to.
2. Use a comfortably sized piece of wood for the stock to cut the wedges
from, big enough to allow the next step.
3. Use a clamp (or 2) to attach the wedge stock to the miter gauge. Keep
the clamps away from the saw blade.
4. Keep your hands away from the wood you're cutting, just push the miter
gauge.
5. The wedges may be longer than you need, it's easy to trim them with a
hand saw.
6. Depending on the size of the pieces you're cutting, a zero-clearance
insert may be necessary.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions...

Denny

"Ollie" wrote in message
I am in process of making a series of wedged tenon joints and for that
purpose I need to have quite a many small wedges. First tried to do that
with my table saw were quite dangerous. I did try with the fence and with

shop made sliding table. In both cases I had difficulties to keep the

small
pieces in place. My third solution was to use the tenoning jig by tilting
the blade by 5 degree to prepare the wood blank for the wedges and then
slice the wood into strips of the same thickness as the tenon.

I am convinced that there is a better way, where you first slice the

strips
and then make the wedges individually. The main problem is how to keep
those small pieces securely in place. If you make the wide wedges first,
then the difficulty is to slice the nonrectangular small pieces

What is your solution?

+++ Ollie