Steve B.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 09:52:59 -0700, "Rick MacDougall"
wrote:

I checked voltage throughout the house and found consitent 123 volts. All
grounds good too. I didn't check the 220.
Bulbs are in a trak light type fixture and so are well ventilated and not
likely to overheat. 2 other fixtures in kitchen are on same breaker but
separate switches and show no sign of the problem. I have considered trying
compact flourescent but thought i'd see what the problem might be first.

Thanks for the response everyone.
any more thoughts are welcome

Rick

What is above the lights? Since your voltage looks ok vibration is
the next big killer of bulbs. If you have a two story house with the
kids room above the kitchen you bulb life will be drastically shorter.
Just an idea for ya.

Steve B.