Roy

I bought mine for $9.00 each from Memphis Machine & Tool.....they are
a rubber, and so far have worked fine. Maybe when they do wear out
I'll try the urethane, but from what I have seen over the years
rubber lasts quite a number of years.

I certainly would not machine a flange into your wheels a a horizontal
bandsaw is a totally different machine than the verticle. I can't say
for sure but there are tons of metal cuttin g vertical bandsaws out
there and I have never seen one with flanges to retain the blade. They
all use adjustable guides. You can cange widths on verticle bandsaw
blades to accomodate different radius in cutting stock but normally a
horizontal takes one given blade with as its just used for cxutting
straight cuts, no curves.

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:43:48 -0700, Koz
wrote:

===Just got a small vertical walker turner bandsaw for free. It's a well
===built machine of probably 50's vintage but hell...could be older or
===newer as they don't really change over the years.
===
===Anyway, I believe the thing was originally intended as a wood bandsaw
===but currently has a metal cutting blade on it. The tires are cracked
===and beat to the point of being useless. Wheels are about 12" dia
===(haven't even gotten it out of the car yet).
===
===My horizontal saw has steel faced wheels with a flange to keep the blade
===from slipping. I'd like to set up this smaller saw for metal cutting
===also. Any recommendations concerning the tire problem? Re-rubber or
===should I figure out a way to use a steel faced wheel with flange as the
===newer horizontal uses? Any recommendations as to a good generic FPM
===speed that I should shoot for to cover average cutting needs?
===
===Any ideas would help
===
===Thanks,