JerryMouse

xeroid wrote:
If it where me .... and this is only an opinion .... and you point
out that he never discussed a fee for the trailer .... and the fact
that he waited this long to mention anything ... I would try and be
fair and maybe split the requested fee of $550.00 if and only if you
believe he is a honest person. If he is not a reasonable person, or
argues this .... I would give him nothing at all and tell him to get
the trailer off your lot before you charge him for storing it there.
There is really nothing he can do ... there is no signed contract.

Where'd you get the screwball notion that contracts have to be signed? Only
in a few specific cases (such as the sale of real property) does the law
require written contracts.

A contract exists here - and will be enforced - for several reasons: Unjust
enrichment, usual practice within the industry, delay the cause of the
trailer 'renter,' and so on.