Dave Liquorice

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 17:59:35 +0100, Ian wrote:

Bearing in mind the fuse was pulled.

Which still leaves the neutral connected and "live". OK the N
shouldn't be to far away from earth in can be enough to produce a
"tingle".

The worst thing about it was that the nail used to secure the box
was actually touching another nail coming through from my neighbours
kitchen, probably there cooker switch! so if there was a wiring
fault in thier kitchen I could have found myself with live screw
heads!

Hopefully not as the back box should be earthed, though possibly via
the face plate screws with such an old installation. With a bit of
luck they would have been good enough to enable enough fault current
to flow and blow their fuse.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail