Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 11:04:43 +0100, PJ wrote:

As for relays, I made more circuits using those when I was at
college then you probably have but again, I dropped them in favour
of better and more reliable technology.

More references to this "better and more reliable technology" please.

That was 27 years ago and YOU are still using them today. Says it
all really!

So am I, half a dozen(*) in the 4 zone, dual pumped, single boiler,
central heating control system. Mains coils, switching mains power
into inductive loads at around 0.5A when running. Cheap, reliable and
robust.

OK so this is mains and power not tiddley little alarm stuff but the
not so old alarm panel has at least 2 relays in it and each (ancient
but much less than 27 years) PIRs has one.

(*) Doesn't include the 4 others in the two commercial programmers.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail