Larry

Default Router choices

I was at my local Lowe's today looking at routers. The 2 that were most
appealing to me were the Bosch 1617EVSPK and the Porter Cable 893PK. Both
had the fixed base and plunge base attachments. Both 2.25 hp. The Bosch was
$219 and the PC was $249. I went through Google and saw numerous posts for
the last few years praising both. Any final thoughts on either of these? Or
other recommendations? I also saw a DeWalt 618B3 with a D handle in another
woodworking store for about $349. I kinda liked that D handle. I heard good
things about the DW 618. Also what is the "EVS" mean?

Larry