John Smith

"Bob Eager" wrote in message

I guess it depends how long you are going to live with the taps.

We had two taps like this in the bathroom, and grinding wasn't too
successful (they are old too). I bought a set of those cheap 'tap
refurbishment' bits from a shed for about 8 quid. Screws in the top and
provides a new seat and stop. Works OK, at least for the few months
before we rip out the bathroom.

--
Bob Eager

I want to move next year or, if I do not move, I want to refurbish the
kitchen the taps are in. I would rather not do anything major now and I
believe I have imperial copper piper so it gets messy then doesn't it -
imperial to metric convertors and all that. I wondered if I could get away
with some of that pushfit type tap connectors and use them?

John.