Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Farmer Giles wrote:
If you are a self-employed contractor - which is what the OP proposes to
be - you are entitled only to what you negotiate with the company to
whom you contract. You have no statutuary employment rights, and you
cannot be 'employed' on a self-employed basis. I speak as someone who
worked as a self-employed contractor for many years. Also the OP will
need to register with the Inland Revenue and get himself a CIS card -
the IR are fairly strict about the issue of self-employed, you cannot
simply declare yourself such and carry on working for the company with
whom you have worked on a PAYE basis.

Absolutely. And that sounds exactly what the OP has been offered - a full
time job as 'self employed'.

--
*The more people I meet, the more I like my dog.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.