Robert Swinney

Yeah, Jim. It's funny how things get lifted from context only to be shoved
back down as gospel. Thanx for the confirmation.

Bob Swinney
"jim rozen" wrote in message
In article , Robert Swinney says...

Having a bit of experience with rotary phase converters, frankly I cannot
say where the "1.5 X" minimum size of idler came from. Perhaps Fitch

threw
it out several years ago when researching the subject, I just don't know.

I may be guilty here - if not of originating, then at least
propogating the factor. Seems like anyone who ever tried to
build a converter with a motor that's 1X never gets it to work,
over the years of observing. They need to go bigger - the 1.5
factor works well if you do the 'capacitor thing.'

I probably first saw the number from Fitch Williams. Likewise
the old saw that the 3600 rpm motors don't make good converters.

Jim

please reply to: