Broadback

Jon Harris wrote:
Hi,

I had a quick look to see if i could find this in a previous thread or in a
FAQ, but couldn't find it, so apologies as I'm sure it's a regular!

I have limited tools available and i need (the nagging is getting
unbearable!) to drill a number of holes above a window which seems to use a
concrete lintel.

My basic B&D hammer drill just doesn't seem to have the guts to make any
impression on the concrete. What bit should i be using and are there any
other tips you could give this frustrated DIY newbie?!

Many TIA,

Jon H

I wasted a lot of drill bits on concrete lintels and Staffordshire
brick. I now have an SDS, like drilling butter, so if you don't think
it worth the cost maybe someone will lend you one, or drill the holes
for you.

--
Please do not reply by Email, as all
emails to this address are automatically deleted.