Spehro Pefhany

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 08:46:40 -0500, the renowned "jakdedert"
wrote:

"Tadeusz Jerzy Korsak" wrote in message

Is it safe to use WD40 as a switch (or potentiometer) cleaner on
circuit boards and in electronic equipment?

I have used WD40 to clean residue of silicone sealant from acrylic shower
tub in my bathroom!
Spray it on, wait 30 seconds and clean it with wooden spatula or

figernails
and paper towel.
Repeat on thicker patches.
Kind regards!
Tadeusz

Another thin that WD is good for is removing tape and label adhesive
residue. I don't know why, but it works almost as well as stuff actually
made for the purpose.

jak

It's got a lot of solvent in it. I've got some strange orange oil
natural stuff that works fairly well and is allegedly less toxic. I
like the smell of WD40 better.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany