MaX

Default Window & Door Replacement... need advices

Hello All,

i will move quite soon and i am planning to do a little work
in my new place... 1) replace one broken window... its size is close
to ~28 x 54 in. and 2) the entry door (~30 in. wide).

i think i'll go buy the window & door at lowes or homedepot but i
might go somewhere else if i could find a better deal - with good
quality still -.

Next point is that i never changed any window or door in my life and
would prefer not taking any risks since entry door and windows
are critical part of home security... likely, i will try to hire a
contractor to do the installation job.

Question:
Does anyone have ever used any window or door installation services
from lowes, homedepot... to have an idea of quality of work performed
and final charges i will incur.

Any recommendations for the Pittsbugh area are really appreciated.

Thank you.

MaX