tony sayer

It's a cheap and nasty device which is exactly why you only find it
in consumer equipment where cheap outweighs nasty.

So have you had a lot of problems with these then?, because I've used
them over the years and haven't!.

After all, they are used in "domestic" applications and compared to the
belling lee co-ax are a better connector in that even if they do use the
centre conductor at least there is one less thing to go wrong.

Just "how" many aerial installers solder the centre conductor or even
just "crimp" it with a pair of side cutters?. Even the outer braiding
can be screwed onto the connector which is much better then the usual
way the BL is used.

So why did satellite receiver manufactures chose to standardise on the F
then?.

After all I couldn't even imagine domestic gear using BNC, TNC, or N or
7/16th types now, could U...

If you want a really useless abomination of a connector then the PL259
is the one(
--
Tony Sayer