Robert Swinney

Beecrofter asks: "Can sealed bearings fit where the ones with grease
fittings were?"

Take this up with the friendly guy behind the counter of the local bearing
supply store. Bearing vendors are probably the most knowledable of their
trade among all the counter sales types. I am impressed every time I deal
with one.

Bob Swinney

Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
"Tom Gardner" wrote in message

m...
New bearings should be easy. Mark the bells. I'd use sealed bearings.

Why
did they fail? Even after a long time. Keep your wheels balanced and
dressed. Check your flanges.

Well it's been in service here since 1987 so I'd imagine they are
failing from normal wear. I have just rebuilt the machine ways with
new linear shafting and bearings. No flanges per se as it uses plate
mounted wheels. The bit of vibration is requiring more wheel dressing
on some very friable open wheels.
The machine grinds the knives from wood chippers and the like.