wallster

"Leon Heller" wrote in message
"TLKALLAM8" wrote in message
I wish i was so lucky I went a bought the most expensive washer in the

store (
maytag neptune) thinking the more i spend the less proplems i will have

.Well
they have changed it out 3 times and now my waranty is out.My door latch

went
bad
and blew a resister in the main board $ 200 just for parts . I wonder why

they
can't make the same washers as the one you have .Why change it if it

works.

Didn't Maytag make very reliable long-lasting equipment at one time? I
think
Vance Packard mentioned them favourably in his book 'The Wastemakers'.

Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM
http://www.geocities.com/leon_heller

I have a year old maytag dishwasher that was installed when i had my kitchen
completly gutted and renovated. About six months after it was installed it
just stopped. I pulled the service panel off and checked the power lead with
a multimeter. It showed 117.5 volts... it had power (or so i thought) I
didn't want to mess with something i knew little about so i called a friend
of the family who had been fixing our appliances for years. He worked full
time for an appliance service company and in the evening he repairs stuff
"on the side"
He stopped by, pulled the panel and found a loose wire nut on the common
lead (i checked the freakin power lead never thinking the common was loose)
he replaced the wire nuts, reattached the panel (about 4-6 screws) then
charged us $40.00 Not bad for about five minutes of work! (that's like $480.
per hour) i think brain surgery cost that much.
Anyway, i hope my $40.00 story will inspire all of you to check ALL the
basic stuff before giving in. I think $40. was excessive, if it were me, i'd
have said, "it was a simple fix, how about $20." but that's me.

walt