tony sayer

In article , Number 5
writes
Hi,

Any self employed carpenters here who are contracted to a larger company? I'
ve always been employed "on the books" but been offered a new job as
self-employed for better money.

Could anyone point out the nasty (like no notice period / no paid holidays)
and the good (I don't know anything to put here :0( ).

The new position is work about 90 quid more a week but is self employed bad?

Any advice would be. well just dandy.

thanks

If you can cope with being your own boss and all of the downsides listed
by other contributors then go for it. But if you're going to do it the
only way you will do it is in yourself. Them that do work for themselves
them that don't know how to do it work for others..

If you get my drift..

Tell you what 'tho, of the some 50 odd of other "firms" we do some work
for, I don't know "Anyone" of 50 years plus who does not want to take
early retirement and get out it all.

As for me at 53 ,I still work a 7 day week and wish that there were more
hours in the day) Which must prove "something"?.

Perhaps nothing quite like being in charge of yourself???....

--
Tony Sayer