Gene

On 30 Aug 2004 06:39:42 GMT, (MilkyWhy) wrote:

I realize that now, due to high steel costs, is not the time to build metal
buildings. But my question is this: have they ever made all metal/steel houses?

We all have seen spacious metal buildings, generally rectangular in shape. But,
could a man make a house-shaped metal building, with say the interior floors
and supports for interior stairs out of steel? The floor for the upstairs
portion could have steel trusses and then plywood layed out on that, then
flooring boards. I have never seen this done, but when I win the Powerball I
might just do it --to satisfy my own curiosity.

Having worked in an engineering firm, for clean room hvac, I was a
bit stunned to see how far some of the industry had come.

Using 1/16 aluminimum and then using a "Honeycomb" interior, they
basically made a "Walkable" ceiling. About 1 1/2 " think could easily
support 500 lbs.

Walls made of the same, with aluminmum struts. That was an
interesting place to work...I'd guess you'd need the powerball to
build something like that though