Joseph Meehan

Sheldon wrote:
Hi,

I have heard a home improvement person on radio (Ren Molnar) talk about a
system to remove moisture from the basement. I have added the information
below. Would this work? Anyone heard of this or tried it? Any advice on
this?

Thanks in advance
Sheldon

If life was only that simple.

Moisture in a basement is a many part question. You need to attack the
problem you have.

First, if you have excessive moisture coming in, you need to reduce
that. Concrete and block are not moisture proof. Some moisture is going to
come in from outside, so you need to try and reduce that. Make sure the
ground, walks and drives all the way around your home slope away from your
home. Next make sure the water from your roof is not draining close to your
more. (20 feet is considered minimum.)

Next is ventilation. The ideas suggested would not be my first choice.
While they may work in some situations, I would not start there. You may
want to consult a HVAC professional to for ventilation issues.

In many cases it is going to require a dehumidifier.

If it is a craw space, then you do want to do ventilation, but with
sufficient ventilation area, you should not need any power vents.

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math