rosecranz

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 13:29:29 GMT, Nigel Burnett
wrote:

NAD 7020e receiver just failed most strangely. If only one source is connected to the appropriate input (such as CD),
the signal can be heard on both channels at about 1/2 volume when tape monitor or video is selected. Tuner is also
audible regardless of which input is selected.

I've disassembled it and cleaned contacts etc to no avail. There's no visible damage under illuminated magnifier.

tia in advance for help

Nigel

If you want to end that kind of noise, you should add a grounding plug
to unused inputs.

When I had the audiovirus back in an earlier lifetime, I used to use
old RCA plugs cut off a cable, strip the wires and twist them
together. I actually soldered them. I forget if some people used
some special value resistor soldered onto the wires instead of just
twisting them.

I'm not sure what the deal is with your tuner, I'd think the tuner
circuits would be turned off if it isn't selected.

Damn noisy otherwise