GerryG

Did you run this issue back to the Timberwolf distributor or manufacturer?
They are far from perfect, but I've used many of their blades, as have many
others here. I've had some issues, and they adressed them. Same with Lee
Valley when their product was defective. I'll just note it's interesting that
you're resawing 11" with a 1/4" blade.
GerryG

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 23:26:58 -0500, WD wrote:

On 29 Aug 2004 14:03:30 -0700, (Marcus Kellermann) wrote:

STOP! Don't buy Timberwolf.

I have the same problems you encounter and I bought two Timberwolf's blades and
I am disappointed. So I got Lee Valley 1/4" blades, it work like a charm. I can
saw very tight radius including resaw up to 11" .

Try Lee Valley blades it cost no more than Timberwolf, but perform better. Do
you trust Lee Valley? Almost everyone here will tell you Lee Valley is a good
company to business with.

I just purchased a new 14" Grizzly Utltimate Bandsaw with a 6 inch
riser block which gives it a 12 in capacity. After setting it up and
following the directions for tensioning the blade and setting the
glade guides (it has sealed bearing guides) it decided to test it out
using some scrape 3/4 plywood I had. Cutting straight lines went
fine, sure there was lead but that is to be expected. However when
attempt to cut a curve of about a 6 inch radius, the blade just twists
and the cut remains relatively straight. It has a 3/8 skip tooth
blade that came with the saw. I am sure it is a cheap blade and plan
on replacing it with a 3/16 inch TimberWolf blade. However it seems
like I should still be able to cut a curve with this blade.

Any ideas why it just twists? The thrust bearings is are thickness of
a business card from the blade and the guide wheels are just slightly
touching the blade. The blade guard is down to 1/4" above the work
piece.

Thanks
Marcus.