David

Here's a half of $50 solution at www.homier.com. (Go to tools --
Accessories and scroll.) They have traveling tool shows and a mail order
business. Poor quality generally, but the mobile base works great for
my DP. The base is 3-4" wider on each side, and 1-2" longer. (I can
measure it if you send me an email.) It costs $16.99 plus about $10
shipping (unless they are in your neighborhood), and maybe tax. I
wouldn't use the base for anything with a bigger footprint or much more
weight (or for pushing uphill or downhill), but for the drill press it
has proved stable and cheap.

David

Grant wrote:

Just picked up the DP400 from Lowes for $220. But I would really like to
have a mobile base for it seeing that it is good size for my garage. There
was one idea I found online here
http://www.tundraware.com/Woodworkin...istMobileBase/

Now this is not bad but I'd like to have more of footprint than just the
drill base itself. The manual suggests at least 3" extra all around. We
have a couple of drills this size at work but they are bolted to the cement,
so I don't know how tipsy they get without securing. Of course bolting to
the ground is best. The ones at work don't move at all which is great .

Of the mobile bases that I saw for sale the Delta 50-345 looks best to me in
that I could make a plywood base to fit the mobile part and I like the
simple lifting 3rd wheel.

And there is the HTC2000 by I don't know who really but the delta just looks
easier overall.

Now I really don't have the funds I want to put out $50 at this point for a
mobile base, I need to buy some building supplies for my project instead.
I'd like to cut this cost in half at least.

Any ideas?