Nate Perkins

(Marcus Kellermann) wrote:
I just purchased a new 14" Grizzly Utltimate Bandsaw with a 6 inch
riser block which gives it a 12 in capacity. After setting it up and
following the directions for tensioning the blade and setting the
glade guides (it has sealed bearing guides) it decided to test it out
using some scrape 3/4 plywood I had. Cutting straight lines went
fine, sure there was lead but that is to be expected. However when
attempt to cut a curve of about a 6 inch radius, the blade just twists
and the cut remains relatively straight.

Well, this is slightly embarassing but I've had the same problem with
the same saw. It was caused by me misadjusting the side roller
bearings compared to the back thrust bearing. I ran the saw for just
a few seconds, which was all it took for the side rollers to whack the
set out of the blade and knock off part of the blade tips. That blade
would continue to cut straight, but without a decent kerf it just
wouldn't do a curve. The problem was easily solved with a new blade,
at a lesson cost of $25.

Of course your problem could be different. I just mention this as a
possibility.