Vic Baron

I'd really suspect he tensioning. I've cut curves fine using a properly
tensioned blade with out the thrust bearings. As long as the blade is sharp,
should be no problem. Of course, this is only for testing.

I'd double check the spring also. I have a griz 0555 and the first time I
tensioned it, I had problems. Took a bit but I found that the screw thread
in the tensioning spring had hung on a rough spot so it would appear to be
tensioned when it wasn't. Fixed that and all has been well since.

Vic
wrote in message
This is my second BS, I originally had a 12" Delta but it was
underpowered for what I want to do. I wouldn't call myself a begginer
but I am definitly not a season verteran on the BS.

I just moved every the thrust bearings closer and readjusted the guide
bearings so they are 1/64 behind the gullet on the teeth. (They were
about 1/32 to 1/16). But still have the same results. I insured that
I was rotating the board as I feed it into the blade at a reasonable
rate, but still the same thing. I can cut circles in cardboard just
fine :-) But even in 3/16 thick ply it twists. I even tried turning
up the blade tension.

I'll get a new blade tomorrow and see what happens. Currently blade is
a grizzly blade, 3/8" x 105" x 6 TPI blade.

Thanks,
Marcus