Phisherman

I have the mobile Delta base. It was included "free" when I bought
the bandsaw. I did see a neat shop-made mobile base with the plans in
a (far back) issue of ShopNotes. It was based on a stick with two
wheels and a hook on the end. You slip the hook under an eyelet in
the base and "pry" up the base by pushing down on the stick. The base
itself has two wheels. Most of the cost would be in the wheels, total
cost well under $20.

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 13:47:51 -0700, "Grant" wrote:

And this is what makes the Delta moblie base look so good. But the price is
beyond what I really want to fork out right now. Heck the Delta would be
nearly a 1/4 of the price of the Drill Press itself. And at least with
something like the Delta base I'd have something I could use for something
else later on. But again the price, even if it is fair, is beyond what I
want to spend right now.

I might just be stuck putting a plywood base on the drill press so it is
more stable as the manual suggests and just slide it around as needed for
the time being. It weighs in at 200lbs, which is about 30lbs more than
mine. But I feel I could handle it

"RonB" wrote
I agree. I have put some mobile bases together in a couple of hours using
leftovers from my shop. However, the thing that often escalates the
shop-build cost to near that of a commercial base is the price of those
pesky swivel and locking casters.