Pete C.

Kroil? I'm not familiar with that. A penetrating oil of some sort?

Pete C.

Tom Gardner wrote:

Soak in Kroil for a few days then restore. (use fine wire brush)

"Pete C." wrote in message
It seems the house that I just bought came with a Starett 0-6"
micrometer set. I found it in the back of a cabinet in the shop where it
had apparently been forgotten for some time. There is some rust one them
any they do not turn freely at present. Before I start futzing with them
I wanted to see if anyone has a recommended procedure to restore these
to useable condition. Since my metrology department currently consists
of a 0-1" micrometer and a 6" calpier these would be a nice addition if
I can rescue them.

Thanks,

Pete C.