Tom Gardner

New bearings should be easy. Mark the bells. I'd use sealed bearings. Why
did they fail? Even after a long time. Keep your wheels balanced and
dressed. Check your flanges.

"Beecrofter" wrote in message
om...
I have a 1 hp baldor motor, tefc 1800rpm with grease fittings that has
given me good service but now has a bit of a shudder on shutdown and a
little vibration while running. I can budget a replacement but I
wonder what is involved in replacing the bearings. I am not adverse to
buying tools and learning new skills, can someone give me a few
pointers.
The motor operates a grinding wheel with the motor oriented so the fan
is on top and the arbor for the wheel is on the bottom.

Thanks-Tom