jim rozen

In article , Beecrofter says...

I have a 1 hp baldor motor, tefc 1800rpm with grease fittings that has
given me good service but now has a bit of a shudder on shutdown and a
little vibration while running. I can budget a replacement but I
wonder what is involved in replacing the bearings. I am not adverse to
buying tools and learning new skills, can someone give me a few
pointers.

Those are abec-1 bearings, typically. They are available
inexpensively from most supply companies. I suspect you will
have almost no trouble replacing them - you might punch-mark
the end bell housings on the motor to get them back in the
same orientation, don't ever press through the balls on new
bearings (OK to do if you are removing scrap bearing though,
with a puller) and if you want to keep using the grease
fittings then don't put in sealed bearings.

Jim

please reply to: