Nick Hull

In article ,
(Beecrofter) wrote:

I have a 1 hp baldor motor, tefc 1800rpm with grease fittings that has
given me good service but now has a bit of a shudder on shutdown and a
little vibration while running. I can budget a replacement but I
wonder what is involved in replacing the bearings. I am not adverse to
buying tools and learning new skills, can someone give me a few
pointers.
The motor operates a grinding wheel with the motor oriented so the fan
is on top and the arbor for the wheel is on the bottom.

Thanks-Tom

I have a small motor with a bad bearing, and the motor is irreplaceable.
Multi-speed, small size, exact fit reqd, part of a pair. Bearing is
loose and noisy, it's a fan on my wood stove and I cannot get to it when
the stove is hot.

My solution to date: I installed a tiny (ref capillary)tube to feed
thick oil (STP) to the bad bearing. Just a drop works wonders. The oil
would be too thick for good bearings but loose ones need thicker oil.
I'm using a 25ACP case for an oil reservoir, filled with cotton. Has
been working well so far. Note this is a horizontal shaft model, YMMV
with a vertical shaft.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/