Neil Williams

Have you tried the decal of a hawk outline? I had a similar problem
and the hawk decal cured it.

--Neil

"John Davies" wrote in message
We have several feeders out back and the house has large picture
windows on both floors. Five (!!!) birds in the last two weeks have
been killed through flying into the glass (4 finches and 1 mourning
dove - this last one sounded like a bomb going off) . We have tried
the self-stick decals, and they seem to not work. What is the next
step - colored streamers hanging from the eaves?

Anyone with real world experience, please comment. I live in the USA.
We don't want to terrify the birds into leaving the yard, just to mark
the danger area. We also don't want to destroy the view out the
windows.

BTW - how big does a bird have to be to break a plate glass window?

Thanks.

John

John Davies TLCA 14732
http://home.comcast.net/~johnedavies/