Joseph Meehan

Rick MacDougall wrote:
I checked voltage throughout the house and found consistent 123 volts. All
grounds good too. I didn't check the 220.
Bulbs are in a trak light type fixture and so are well ventilated and not
likely to overheat. 2 other fixtures in kitchen are on same breaker but
separate switches and show no sign of the problem. I have considered

trying
compact flourescent but thought i'd see what the problem might be first.

Thanks for the response everyone.
any more thoughts are welcome

Rick

You did good. Since the voltages were constant and within norms, I
think you have almost ruled that problem out.

It is possible that you may be getting spikes from time to time due to
internal or external problems, but it seems not likely. Most internal
sources would have shown up with your voltage check and most external
sources would be blasting other lamps as well.

Let's go to plan B. Is there anything that could be causing vibration
of the fixture? Something in the room above, a exhaust fan close by, a pipe
close by...? Also remove one of the lamps. Take a close look at the
center contacts on both the lamp and the fixture. Do they look clean and
bright?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math