Mark D. Zacharias

The solder-short on a KSS-213 is on the little PC board part of the pickup.

mz

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
"CHRIS VINCE" writes:

Please can someone advise me regarding a defect on a Kenwood 3 disc

player?
It started showing no cd on the front display when this was obviously

wrong.
I have replaced the KSS 213B laser unit but with no effect as it still
displays the message.
Whilst I am not an expert I am too stubborn to give in to a plastic box

of
wires.

If there was a solder short on the cable of the new pickup, did you remove
it?

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/
+Lasers | Sam's Laser FAQ:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/lasersam.htm
| Mirror Sites:

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/REPAIR/F_mirror.html

Note: These links are hopefully temporary until we can sort out the

excessive
traffic on Repairfaq.org.

Important: Anything sent to the email address in the message header is

ignored.
To contact me, please use the feedback form on the S.E.R FAQ Web sites.