Ian

Thanks for the advice, your right, I will insolate the wires, I have a choc
box and 30 amp block so better safe than sorry. I don't actually live at
the flat at the moment and I'm the only one with access so it wasn't quite
as irresponsible as it probably sounded. Bearing in mind the fuse was
pulled. I have a lot of respect when it comes to anything electrical!

And you're also correct that I had a large MK back box, it was about the
width of a double box but the same height too. The worst thing about it was
that the nail used to secure the box was actually touching another nail
coming through from my neighbours kitchen, probably there cooker switch! so
if there was a wiring fault in thier kitchen I could have found myself with
live screw heads!

Cheers,
Ian.

"Lurch" wrote in message
On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 23:17:31 +0100, "James Salisbury"
strung together this:

I suspect the OP has a large MK cooker control unit, this is a little

bigger
than a double plate!!

He probably did, but he said he ripped it out to put a normal double
plate CCU there instead.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd