Dave

Gunner wrote in message . ..
On 29 Aug 2004 04:18:45 GMT, atespam (Halcitron)
wrote:

Five Gallon Bucket Fly Traps

http://www.sonic.net/~dakidd/Horses/FlyTrap/index.html

So for bait he uses fermented yeast? I've been looking for bait ideas.
I refit those $5 bag type traps you can buy at the hardware store with
clear one gallon jugs. It works but is not all that mechanically sound
when hanging in a tree. This bucket scheme looks interesting. I have
have always wondered though whether the trap was really catching as
many flies as it seemed or whether they were just reproducing, living,
and dying inside the trap. I'd like to to be able to kill them once
they enter to eliminate that possibility.

Dave