thescullster

Default Fixings for Tiled Cavity Walls

I am looking for recommendations on fixings for tiled plasterboard walls.
The walls are "paramount" construction which means plaster board with
cardboard egg crating between -- so no good looking for studs!

I tend to favour the metal type fixings in plain plaster board - the type
that deform in the cavity and leave a captive nut so that the fixing can be
undone and re-made if necesary. However these have a faceplate with "teeth"
to key into the face of the plaster to prevent the whole thing revolving -
no good on tiles of course.

I am hoping to use fixings to secu

Bathroom accessories:

Towel rail
Soap dish
Toothbrush holder
Shower screen maybe

So some items will require quite serious fixings.

Any recommendations on fixing types etc appreciated.

TIA

Phil