Larry Jaques

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 05:10:42 GMT, "Rudy"
calmly ranted:

I called Leitz again and related the above. The fellow there said that the
person that opens the pkgs and sharpens the blades does not always look for
the coupon..The $ 38 represented sharpening and return postage ($30) and $
8.00 to replace 4 chipped carbide teeth. After some discussion, he
"believed" that I had indeed sent the coupon so told me to decline the COD
and have the PO return the blade to them..they'd remail. I sent them a
check for the $ 8.00 and sat down to wait for the blade. Well, here we are

Perhaps you could write "coupon attached" on both sides of the blade
and/or tape the coupon to the blade next time. The taped coupon would
be hardest for their blind sharpener guy to miss.

2 weeks later..no blade..called again yesterday to find the contact guy I'd
spoken to was "at a trade show in Atlanta". "Call back Monday"...BTW, the
"super special" $ 4.99 10" 24 tooth carbide blade from Harbor Freight IS
junk..(but you knew that) unless all you cut is plywood and don't mind the
uneven teeth leaving "stripes" in your work.

You must have received a bad blade from HF. I've been using one of
their $4.99 (on sale) C2 blades for a year and a half (granted, I
don't use the saw a whole lot) and it cut surprisingly nicely on 80+
year-old Dina. It's time to drill out another arbor hole (she has a
3/4 arbor) and replace it with a $9.99 40T HF special (also C2), but
I'll keep the 24T for a backup.

--
"I'm sick and tired of having to rearrange my life
because of what the STUPIDEST people *might* do or