David

Default Lifting boards with a metal tongue?

"enuff" wrote in message
I need to lift (but not keep) half a floor comprising of 7.5"x1.25"

boards.
the boards are not T&G but square edged with a 1" wide metal strip acting

as
a tongue between them.

I've not seem this before, makes the floor nice and solid but I need to
remove half the floor with out damaging the edge of the last remaining row
of boards. So far I've tried levering a boards evenly along its length but
its proving almost impossible as the boards are anywhere up to 5 metres
long.

As a last resort I'm thinking of pining a straight edge down and running a
circular saw down the edge of the last board but that will knacker a new
blade and probably the saw!

Anyone come across this before?

Tony

I presume that they are nailed down, If so try using a punch to push the
nails all the way through in to the joists, should free up the board. If you
can't punch them then you can use a plug cutter to cut round them. ideal
because plug cutters don't have a centre drill.

David